Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, July 31, 2003


A good way to people watch without actually watching people is through online personals. There's a pretty good spectrum of folk on there. The pictures people put up are also sometimes very interesting. I once saw a girl with a photo of her in a wedding dress. She said in her profile something like, "Don't be thrown off by the dress! I just think I look good in that photo. (And the marriage was a disaster!)"

Are you telling me that you have no better photos than of one from your failed wedding day?! Isn't there one of you at your gynecologist, perhaps? Maybe you have one of when you got issued that restraining order. One of you at the park with your 11 year old daughter? How about a publicity photo from when you were on the Maury Povich show -- "I Ain't Your Baby's Daddy; Paternity Tests Revealed."

I'll stop now.

I am off to Colorado for a few days, so no updates for a little bit. When I come back, I might go all John Denver on you without all of the singing and building my own plane in which I will die. I'll just move to the mountains and get high all the time, and be like, "John Denver's my fucking hero. His music is queer and all, but man, he could get high."

I'm hoping my lungs don't explode out there. It's up there. Peace out!
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006