Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Friday, March 14, 2003


These two political figures remind me of muppets:

-- Michael Bloomberg looks kind of like Kermit the Frog. Look at his mouth. You'll see what I mean.

-- John McCain doesn't resemble any specific muppet, but he has that big flabby neck bag that makes him look muppet-esque.

I was at a bar during happy hour the other day and Jeopardy was on TV. There was a contestant during Double Jeopardy who was up by about $2,000. He got a Daily Double. He paused momentarily to decide on a wager. I thought I was the only one actually watching until I heard a guy yell out, "Make it a true Daily Double, you pussy!" I feel this outburst might have been a by-product of the fact that most New York area sports teams suck right now, so there's nothing else to root for. People were actually heckling Jeopardy contestants. The bartender changed the channel before Wheel of Fortune came on. I would have loved to hear this guy give advice to a housewife from Minnesota: "Buy a vowel, you slut cocksucker!"

Just for the record, they guy did make it a true Daily Double, got the question wrong and lost all of his money.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006